CONVENT OF LA MERCED
ILLUSTRIOUS CONVENT AND MISERABLE HOSPICE
In the place where the current building stands the Romanesque church of San Martin de Canales, from which there is no trace it stood.
In the sixteenth century several interventions were made and completely rebuilt in the Gothic style.
It has a single nave with vault, presbytery and pentagonal head with starry vault.
In the nineteenth century the building was a deserted years until in 1850 the Provincial Government made him asylum, and now houses the Aula Magna Tirso de Molina, the Fundación Duques de Soria, the Association of Spanish scholars, offices Study Romanesque and a university residence.
The presence of the playwright Fray Gabriel Tellez, known as Tirso de Molina, who was between 1645 and 1647 as General Commander of the convent.