Palace of Los Castejones
PLATERESQUE ART IN ADUANA VIEJA
It was built by the family of the Castejones, very important in Agreda, in the sixteenth century and built within the walls, as it was the custom then, along the walls and its doors, as the nobles acquired the obligation to defend it. For a long time it was known as the House of Nails by having a thick metal door ornaments nail-shaped. It is now a private dwelling.
It has ashlar facade, articulated in three floors marked by a small opening on the ground floor, torn windows on the upper part and openings with shells as decoration in the middle part. A portal with segmental arch and coat of arms of the owners held by two wild complete the vision. To the left there is a window with jamb moldings and shell-shaped lintel and on the top floor two windows of the same model. It is, with the neighboring palace of the Rivers and Salcedo, the best example of plateresque in the capital.
Palace of Don Diego Solier
The little brother of the Palace of Los Condes de Gómara
It was built by Don Diego de Solier - Corregidor of Soria between 1607- 1599 and belonging to one of the Twelve Lineages, the saviors in 1598.
It consists of a facade in which the ashlar masonry mix. On the first floor windows are decorated with moldings on the sides and large pediments at the top. The upper floor consists of a long run gallery with arches and Tuscan columns.
Palace of the Vizconde de Eza or San Clemente
Noble house and royal accommodation S. XII
It was built in the XII by one of the most influential noble families of the city, belonging to the lineage of San Clemente century, which in turn belonged to the lineage of Chancilleres, one of the Twelve Lineages; between also held the titles of Vizconde de Eza already in the twentieth century, hence the Palacio receive both names. In the nineteenth century this family married into other noble from Navarre, the Marichalar. Luis de Marichalar, grandfather of the current owner, was minister of Alfonso XIII, whose heirs today the palace belongs.
From the simple masonry facade highlights the remarkable family shield, XVIII century, with Baroque ornamentation and complicated in which a double-headed eagle surrounded by the family motto “Fidele Deo, Regi et Patriae” is represented ( "Faithful to God, King and Fatherland").
Chains under the balcony are a symbol that attests that the place has slept a king. In this case it was Alfonso XIII, whose cabinet was a minister of the Vizconde de Eza and spent the night when he came to the inauguration of Numantino museum in 1919.