PALACE OF LOS RÍO AND SALCEDO
Renaissance palace of the XVI century, commissioned in 1549 by Alonso del Río and Salcedo, member of important and influential family in the town throughout the Modern Age.
In the eighteenth century the owners abandoned it and was occupied by the Franciscan nuns. In the next century the Poor Clares were the new tenants before settling in the church of Santo Domingo. It has since then been used for numerous purposes to end up being the current Provincial Historic Archive.
It is divided into three floors, with small windows at the top, the central balcony has lintel and is topped by a pediment and a corner window.
Inside it has the usual courtyard in the buildings of that time, from which the palace is organized and accessed through the hallway that communicates with the outside.
Most of the decoration is concentrated on the portal with garlands and figurative architectures within the purest plateresque and traditional of the Spanish Renaissance.
It deserves special attention the open corner vain that leaves clear evidence of the expertise and skill of the builders due to the complexity of cutting of the segments thereby giving overlook to two streets; enhancing the magnificent corner there is the shield of the family, which can also be seen flanking the portal and crowning the top window of the facade the shield of those who built it.
It was declared a National Monument in 1982.