THE ARENA OF SAN BENITO
On the site now occupied by the bullring rose a primitive church in honor of Our Lady of the Market and later the convent of San Benito.
It was demolished in 1812 by order of the Cortes of Cadiz along with the walls, castle and other buildings.
It opened on September 20, 1,854 and 1,963 reformed and expanded the capacity of 4000-6000 localities.
Popularly known as "La Chata" by its small size has a large gate flanked by two towers. The structure corresponds to those of other places with large arches at the bottom arcaded outside and smaller arches at the top corresponding to the covered stands.
Currently apart of bullfights held, is the setting for concerts, sporting events, livestock shows, etc ... and a porch area of the building was fitted out as a showroom.