REMAINS OF THE CONVENT OF SAN FRANCISCO AND BÉCQUER'S CORNER
In what once was outside the city walls, can see what was this convent whose foundation is attributed to St. Francis of Assisi himself after a visit to Soria on his way to Compostela.
In 1618 there was a fire which destroyed everything except for the church and an area overlooking the garden. Soon it was rebuilt again with input from neighbors and Soria's gentlemen. During the War of Independence Brigadier Jose Joaquin Duran, gave the order to destroy it in 1812. In 1835 the Franciscans had to leave their convent of Soria, part became Provincial Hospital and early 70s to host University College of Soria. With the construction of the University Campus Duques de Soria in 2006 studies they moved there and the property is deprecated.
From what once was the old Convent remain fairly modified the two wings of the original building. The convent was closed by a stone wall, part of which is preserved today. In the back of the convent it is what today is known as Rincón de Becquer.