CHURCH OF SAN FRANCISCO
The origin is attributed to St. Francis of Assisi, who, according to legend, in 1214 visited Soria on the way to Compostela and gave orders for the construction of a new Franciscan building.
After a serious fire in 1618 and later during the War of Independence was badly damaged.
Currently has a single nave which is divided into four sections, choir on the feet and a pentagonal shaped chapel.
The only conventual dependency that has reached us is the church where it is believed he was buried the Majorcan King James IV.
The Chapel now houses an important altarpiece by Gabriel de Pinedo late sixteenth century from the Church of St. Nicholas, with scenes from the life of this and other saints.