PALACE OF THE MARQUIS OF ALCÁNTARA
ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MESTEÑO SPLENDOR
Built in the seventeenth century and completed in 1704, by one of the families who grew up in titles under the Mesta, the Counts of Fuerteventura and Marquises of Velamazán who later received the title of Marquis de Alcantara. They are guarding one of the gates of the wall, Rabanera, last of the 7 existing ones. At present it is of particular use.
Masonry facade has two floors, large windows on the ground floor and balconies on the first. The gate with a curved pediment above which houses the shield of the Marquises of Velamazán. On the right, a corner tower topped with spire.