STATUES AND PALACE OF THE PROVINCIAL COUNCIL
The first Provincial de Soria was formed after the Cortes of Cadiz in 1810, and subsequent Constitution of 1812.
Around the 1863 year, the Deputation of Soria purchase a building owned by the Señora del Val on Calle Caballeros, to fix its headquarters.
The front topped with a pediment has two floors. There were several reforms that came under the property during the twentieth century, standing out as the most relevant held in 1959 to add a new section to the main facade.
Special mention inside the Palace on canvas "The Last Days of Numancia", by Alejo Vera Stake (1880), which presents the moment when troops Publius Cornelius Excision Emiliano entered the city Numancia.
This painting and another by the same artist preserved in the Museo del Prado in Madrid, are the only signs that exist today about the conquest of Numancia.
Since 1971 the Palace is flanked by a collection of bronze statues on pedestals of granite - work of Federico Coullant-Valera - representing eight relevant historical figures linked to the province of Soria: San Martin de Finojosa, Diego Lainez, Sister Mary of Agreda, San Pedro de Osma, Alfonso VIII, Santa Cristina de Osma, El Juglar del Cid, Francisco López de Gómara.